Korean Studies Research Grant for Graduate Students [2022-2023]
The Korean Studies Research Grant for Graduate Students [2022–2023] is open to students of all disciplines who integrate the study of Korea into their graduate research in the following institutions in Canada. The award is valued at $1,000 CAD. Three awards are offered by the Korean Office for Research and Education (KORE) at York University with funding from the Academy of Korean Studies.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate program in the following institutions in Canada: York University, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, Saint Mary’s University, and University of Saskatchewan. Applicants must be engaged in research on Korea. If you are a previous grant recipient, you may reapply for this opportunity with different aspect of your graduate research.
The grant is offer for research-related expenses, whether in Canada, South Korea or elsewhere, for archival or library research or to conduct surveys, ethnographic or other research by following COVID-19 restrictions.
All successful applicants are required to show a proof of ethics review/approval from the Office of Research Ethics (if applicable) before the funds are released.
The deadline for submissions is now Thursday, December 15, 2022.
Applications should include:
- Research Statement (maximum 1.5 pages):
- The statement must describe the topic of the applicant’s research and the role that KORE funding support would play in enabling the completion of the research.
- It should Indicate the specific research or professional activities the applicant will be engaged in, the archives, libraries, or other research facilities that will be used (if applicable), the timeline that shows the applicant’s expected completion for the research.
- Budget and justification (maximum 1 page) delineated by type of expense. Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to, accommodation, local transportation, meals, books, and photocopying.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
Application form: https://laps.apps01.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=942605
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://kore.info.yorku.ca/