Korean Studies Research Grant for York University Graduate Students [2020-2021]
The Korean Studies Research Grant for Graduate Students [2020-21] is open to York University students of all disciplines who integrate the study of Korea into their graduate research. The award is valued at $2,000 and is offered by the Korean Office for Research and Education (KORE) at York University with funding from the Academy of Korean Studies.
The deadline for submissions is now Monday, January 11, 2021 by 4:00 PM (ET).
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at York University and be engaged in research on Korea. If you are a previous grant recipient, you may reapply for this opportunity with different aspect of your graduate research.
The grant is offer for research-related expenses, whether in Canada, South Korea or elsewhere, for archival or library research or to conduct surveys, ethnographic or other research by following the recent COVID-19 restrictions.
All successful applicants are required to show a proof of ethics review/approval from the Office of Research Ethics (if applicable) before the funds are released. Please refer to the Faculty of Graduate Studies at York University site: https://gradstudies.yorku.ca/current-students/thesis-dissertation/research-ethics/.
Applications should include:
- Research Statement (maximum 1.5 pages):
- The statement must describe the topic of the applicant’s research and the role that KORE funding support would play in enabling the completion of the research.
- It should Indicate the specific research or professional activities the applicant will be engaged in, the archives, libraries, or other research facilities that will be used (if applicable), the timeline that shows the applicant’s expected completion for the research.
- Budget and justification (maximum 1 page) delineated by type of expense. Eligible expense include, but are not limited to, accommodation, local transportation, meals, books, and photocopying..
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
Application form: 2020–2021 KORE Grant Application MachForm
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org