Korean Studies Research Grant for York University Graduate Students [2019-2020]
The application for the Korean Studies Research Grant for Graduate Students, 2019-2020 is now available online. The deadline for submissions is Friday, December 6, 2019 by 4:00pm. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Funded by the Academy of Korean Studies, the Korean Office for Research and Education (KORE) at York University is offering the grant of $2,000 to each selected students to integrate the study of Korea into graduate programs in various academic disciplines at York University.
Student applicants must be enrolled in a Master or PhD program at York University in this academic year 2019-20 and be engaged in research on Korea.
The grant is to be used for research, whether in Canada, South Korea or elsewhere, to use library or archival materials or to conduct survey, ethnographic or other research.
All successful applicants are required to show a proof of ethics review/approval from the Faculty of Graduate Studies (if applicable). Please refer to the Faculty of Graduate Studies at York University site: https://gradstudies.yorku.ca/current-students/thesis-dissertation/research-ethics/.
Applications should include:
- Project Statement [Maximum 1.5 pages]:
- The project statement must describe the topic of the applicant’s research project and the role that KORE funding support would play in enabling the project’s completion.
- The project statement should indicate the specific research or professional activities the applicant will be engaged in, the archives, libraries, or other research facilities that will be used, the tentative itinerary and a timeline that shows the applicant’s expected completion for the project.
- Budget and justification (Maximum 1 page) delineated by type of expense. Eligible expense include, but are not limited to, airfare, accommodation, local transportation, meals and photocopying.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 2 pages)
Application form: Korean Studies Research Grant for Graduate Student Application Form